HAVE YOU READ IT?
- A Father’s Grief: Alcohol Addiction and LossI received this letter from a father I met on a
- Addicted to Love – How to Love your Substance AbuserYour 27 year old daughter calls late one night in a desperate state. She says through panicked sobs that she can’t live like this anymore. “Will you come and get me?” -Why is it so difficult to help the substance abuser you love get the help they need?
MORE CLEAN READ ARTICLES
- Cheers: Here’s to Our WealthScientists receive $100 million from the alcohol industry to “prove” moderate drinking is beneficial to your health. The study was designed to minimize evidence of harm. Internal documents reveal a particular interest in blunting the World Health Organization’s (WHO) evidence that even a single drink may be carcinogenic.
- A Landmark Study on the Origins of AlcoholismIs science getting closer to curing alcoholism? Several studies conducted over the past decade implicate GABA, GAT3, and amygdala abnormalities as the possible epicenter of addiction. Baclofen, a muscle relaxant, has shown some promise, but who will fund further study now that the 55 year old drug is off patent?
- Reflections on the Process of Step 8 of Alcoholics AnonymousReflections on Step 8 of Alcoholics Anonymous “Made a list of all persons we had harmed and
- How Much Water Should You Actually Drink While Living Clean?As I sit here drinking another bottle of water contemplating living clean, I recall a few anecdotes that I haven't only grown up with but have taken to heart, is 8, 8oz glasses of water what I really need a day?
- A Year of Sobriety Before Dating, You’re Kidding Right?If you’ve spent any amount of time in a sobriety community, you’ve probably heard the recommendation to wait until you’ve gotten a year of sobriety under your belt before you start dating.