I received this letter from a father I met on a plane when I was visiting family. He asked...
HAVE YOU READ IT?
- A Father’s Grief: Alcohol Addiction and LossI received this letter from a father I met on a
- Addicted to Love – How to Love your Substance AbuserYour 27 year old daughter calls late one night in a desperate state. She says through panicked sobs that she can’t live like this anymore. “Will you come and get me?” -Why is it so difficult to help the substance abuser you love get the help they need?
- Kaylee’s Courage: Enduing the Slings and Arrows of AddictionOkay.... so I can't begin to explain how much anxiety the thought of doing this has given me, but I feel like it was important to do.... so fuck it here goes nothing. The stigma of addiction....
MORE CLEAN READ ARTICLES
- A Year of Sobriety Before Dating, You’re Kidding Right?If you’ve spent any amount of time in a sobriety community, you’ve probably heard the recommendation to wait until you’ve gotten a year of sobriety under your belt before you start dating.
- 5 (Not Necessarily Good or Bad) Reasons Millennials Aren’t Going to Alcoholics AnonymousMake no mistake: if you live in a big city like NYC, LA, or Chicago, there are going to be a
- Drinking and Smoking Early in Life May Lead to Addictions Later OnAuthor: Melissa Healy The idea of a “gateway drug” may sound like a throwback to the “Just say no”
- Reflections on the Process of Step 8 of Alcoholics AnonymousReflections on Step 8 of Alcoholics Anonymous “Made a list of all persons we had harmed and
- Sober Etiquette – Social Sobriety Do’s and Don’tsIn preparing to write this post, I researched multiple so-called etiquette experts on the internet. Not just the concepts but even the language in the posts struck me as outdated- even chauvinist. One suggested dropping my coat over a puddle to protect her shoes. Really? And then where do I put my sopping wet and muddy coat? I commented that I wasn’t planning on picking her up on a horse. I got no reply.