I received this letter from a father I met on a plane when I was visiting family. He asked...
HAVE YOU READ IT?
- A Father’s Grief: Alcohol Addiction and LossI received this letter from a father I met on a
- Addicted to Love – How to Love your Substance AbuserYour 27 year old daughter calls late one night in a desperate state. She says through panicked sobs that she can’t live like this anymore. “Will you come and get me?” -Why is it so difficult to help the substance abuser you love get the help they need?
MORE CLEAN READ ARTICLES
- 3 Tips for Jumpstarting Your Social Life Without Your BFF BoozeThat placid solitude in the comfort of high quality entertainment is not a bad thing, and it may even last for a few months. But it will get old. And you will want to get off the couch eventually and explore, you know, people and relationships and your future and all that. And you’ll have to do it without your security-blanket/escape-hatch/BFF alcohol to keep you company the whole time. Scary? Sure. Not worth doing? Of course not. Here are three tips for you as you reenter the social world without alcohol.
- A Year of Sobriety Before Dating, You’re Kidding Right?If you’ve spent any amount of time in a sobriety community, you’ve probably heard the recommendation to wait until you’ve gotten a year of sobriety under your belt before you start dating.
- Sober Etiquette – Social Sobriety Do’s and Don’tsIn preparing to write this post, I researched multiple so-called etiquette experts on the internet. Not just the concepts but even the language in the posts struck me as outdated- even chauvinist. One suggested dropping my coat over a puddle to protect her shoes. Really? And then where do I put my sopping wet and muddy coat? I commented that I wasn’t planning on picking her up on a horse. I got no reply.
- Reflections on the Process of Step 8 of Alcoholics AnonymousReflections on Step 8 of Alcoholics Anonymous “Made a list of all persons we had harmed and
- Social Connection and AddictionSince the end of the US war in Vietnam, drug and alcohol abuse have received a great deal of