I received this letter from a father I met on a plane when I was visiting family. He asked...
HAVE YOU READ IT?
- A Father’s Grief: Alcohol Addiction and LossI received this letter from a father I met on a
- Addicted to Love – How to Love your Substance AbuserYour 27 year old daughter calls late one night in a desperate state. She says through panicked sobs that she can’t live like this anymore. “Will you come and get me?” -Why is it so difficult to help the substance abuser you love get the help they need?
- Kaylee’s Courage: Enduing the Slings and Arrows of AddictionOkay.... so I can't begin to explain how much anxiety the thought of doing this has given me, but I feel like it was important to do.... so fuck it here goes nothing. The stigma of addiction....
MORE CLEAN READ ARTICLES
- A Year of Sobriety Before Dating, You’re Kidding Right?If you’ve spent any amount of time in a sobriety community, you’ve probably heard the recommendation to wait until you’ve gotten a year of sobriety under your belt before you start dating.
- Reflections on the Process of Step 8 of Alcoholics AnonymousReflections on Step 8 of Alcoholics Anonymous “Made a list of all persons we had harmed and
- How Much Water Should You Actually Drink While Living Clean?As I sit here drinking another bottle of water contemplating living clean, I recall a few anecdotes that I haven't only grown up with but have taken to heart, is 8, 8oz glasses of water what I really need a day?
- Things That Were Lost That You Won’t Find AgainLiving in my car, the Guild took the backseat. It was a part of me that I couldn't really sense any more, an inanimate object suddenly, and when I caught its reflection in my rear view mirror it filled me with regret.
- Sober Etiquette – Social Sobriety Do’s and Don’tsIn preparing to write this post, I researched multiple so-called etiquette experts on the internet. Not just the concepts but even the language in the posts struck me as outdated- even chauvinist. One suggested dropping my coat over a puddle to protect her shoes. Really? And then where do I put my sopping wet and muddy coat? I commented that I wasn’t planning on picking her up on a horse. I got no reply.