Is science getting closer to curing alcoholism? Several studies conducted over the past decade implicate GABA, GAT3, and...
HAVE YOU READ IT?
- A Father’s Grief: Alcohol Addiction and LossI received this letter from a father I met on a
- Addicted to Love – How to Love your Substance AbuserYour 27 year old daughter calls late one night in a desperate state. She says through panicked sobs that she can’t live like this anymore. “Will you come and get me?” -Why is it so difficult to help the substance abuser you love get the help they need?
MORE CLEAN READ ARTICLES
- Cheers: Here’s to Our WealthScientists receive $100 million from the alcohol industry to “prove” moderate drinking is beneficial to your health. The study was designed to minimize evidence of harm. Internal documents reveal a particular interest in blunting the World Health Organization’s (WHO) evidence that even a single drink may be carcinogenic.
- Social Connection and AddictionSince the end of the US war in Vietnam, drug and alcohol abuse have received a great deal of
- Things That Were Lost That You Won’t Find AgainLiving in my car, the Guild took the backseat. It was a part of me that I couldn't really sense any more, an inanimate object suddenly, and when I caught its reflection in my rear view mirror it filled me with regret.
- A Landmark Study on the Origins of AlcoholismIs science getting closer to curing alcoholism? Several studies conducted over the past decade implicate GABA, GAT3, and amygdala abnormalities as the possible epicenter of addiction. Baclofen, a muscle relaxant, has shown some promise, but who will fund further study now that the 55 year old drug is off patent?
- A Year of Sobriety Before Dating, You’re Kidding Right?If you’ve spent any amount of time in a sobriety community, you’ve probably heard the recommendation to wait until you’ve gotten a year of sobriety under your belt before you start dating.