Is science getting closer to curing alcoholism? Several studies conducted over the past decade implicate GABA, GAT3, and...
HAVE YOU READ IT?
- A Father’s Grief: Alcohol Addiction and LossI received this letter from a father I met on a
- Addicted to Love – How to Love your Substance AbuserYour 27 year old daughter calls late one night in a desperate state. She says through panicked sobs that she can’t live like this anymore. “Will you come and get me?” -Why is it so difficult to help the substance abuser you love get the help they need?
- Kaylee’s Courage: Enduing the Slings and Arrows of AddictionOkay.... so I can't begin to explain how much anxiety the thought of doing this has given me, but I feel like it was important to do.... so fuck it here goes nothing. The stigma of addiction....
MORE CLEAN READ ARTICLES
- Drinking and Smoking Early in Life May Lead to Addictions Later OnAuthor: Melissa Healy The idea of a “gateway drug” may sound like a throwback to the “Just say no”
- A Landmark Study on the Origins of AlcoholismIs science getting closer to curing alcoholism? Several studies conducted over the past decade implicate GABA, GAT3, and amygdala abnormalities as the possible epicenter of addiction. Baclofen, a muscle relaxant, has shown some promise, but who will fund further study now that the 55 year old drug is off patent?
- 5 (Not Necessarily Good or Bad) Reasons Millennials Aren’t Going to Alcoholics AnonymousMake no mistake: if you live in a big city like NYC, LA, or Chicago, there are going to be a
- Social Connection and AddictionSince the end of the US war in Vietnam, drug and alcohol abuse have received a great deal of
- Sober Etiquette – Social Sobriety Do’s and Don’tsIn preparing to write this post, I researched multiple so-called etiquette experts on the internet. Not just the concepts but even the language in the posts struck me as outdated- even chauvinist. One suggested dropping my coat over a puddle to protect her shoes. Really? And then where do I put my sopping wet and muddy coat? I commented that I wasn’t planning on picking her up on a horse. I got no reply.